In order to
Gain Peace, you must GAIN TRUTH.
READ THIS INTRO OR SKIP TO A CATEGORY OF YOUR CHOICE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I spent 15 years as a devout Sunni Muslim only to discover that Islam is unfortunately a religious mythology and not a true religion revealed by a God. It turns out that all religions are religious mythologies and most every culture has come up with their own religions to help provide answers to philosophical questions – questions on metaphysics, morality, and epistemology – as well as for other social and political purposes (see Cultural Anthropology).
As I became a more serious student of Islam I wanted to study both the naqliyyah and the aqliyyah (transmitted and intellectual sciences). As I laid a foundation in every science I gradually realized the truth about Islam. One day it all suddenly came together. I finally understood that Islam is plagued with 100′s of False Myths, Superstitions, Contradictions, Immoral/Unreasonable Propositions, and Plagiarism/Imitation of Other Traditions. I also realized that Islam is a sort of redaction of Jewish tradition/mythology, Arab tradition/mythology, Christian tradition/mythology, Persian tradition/mythology, and Greco-Roman tradition/mythology. This was a painful realization, but being a person committed to the truth I then had to leave Sunni Islam.
I wasted a large part of those 15 years pushing away this world and pinning my hopes on things that do not exist (Allah, Jannah, etc.). I could have easily ended up as a jihadi somewhere in the world and lose my life and it would have all been for nothing. Mythologies can be nice. Mythologies can be useful. Culture can be very pleasant. However, this is only the case when you understand a religious mythology to be man-made, to be false. If a religious mythology is understood as literal truth it is dangerous, first to yourself, then your family and friends, and possibly others you come into contact with. Islam is nothing other than a man-made product of 7th century tribal Arabia – do not be fooled into thinking otherwise.
Life is precious, I don’t want to continue to see people being mislead by this religion. By hook or by crook, Muslims are making an all out effort to convince people that they must follow Islam to the letter. I say by “hook or by crook” because these are ultimately the methods they apply. They try to make Islam appear alluring and when faced with the bitter truth they hide the falsehoods and crimes of Islam – especially from converts. I myself did this as a daee for many years and I converted dozens of people to Islam. People are being horribly confused, thus GAIN TRUTH exists.
Now this is not a hate site. I am not a “hater”. There are still many things I love and enjoy about Islam. In fact I’ve never seen a “hate site” that wasn’t in error. You will see me defend Islam when it is wrongly understood. You will see me endorse some Islamic positions as good ideas. If you engage me about a topic, you will find me very objective. I know Islam very well, this was my life for 15 years, and my leaving of Sunni Islam comes from none other than a place of deep sincerity. Feel free to contact me here for advice, questions, suggestions, complaints, objections, etc – my door is completely open and as long as you want to talk I will listen to whatever you have to say. Assalamu alaykum.
The Universe is Static, Number of Planets are Wrong, Distances Wrong, the Heavens and Throne Do Not Exist
Al Tirmidhi 1513, Narrated Abu Hurayrah – While Allah’s Prophet (peace be upon him) and his companions were sitting clouds came over them and Allah’s Prophet (peace be upon him) asked, “Do you know what these are?” On their replying that Allah and His Messenger knew best, he said, “These are the clouds (anan), these are the water-carriers of the Earth, which Allah drives to people who do not thank Him or call upon him.” He then asked, “Do you know what is above you?” On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, “It is the firmament, a ceiling which is guarded and waves which are kept back.” He then asked, “Do you know what is between you and it?” On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, “Between you and it are five hundred years.” He then asked, “Do you knew what is above that?” On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) best he said, “Two heavens with a distance of five hundred years between them.” He went on speaking like that till he counted seven heavens, the distance between each pair being like between Heaven and Earth. He then asked, “Do you know what is above that?” On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, “Above that is the Throne, and the distance between it and the (seventh) heaven is the same as that between each pair of heavens.” He then asked, “Do you know what is below you?” On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, “It is the earth.” He then asked, “Do you know what is under that?” On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, “Under it there is another Earth with a journey of five hundred years between them,” and so on till he had counted seven earths with a journey of five hundred years between each pair. He then said, “By Him in Whose hand Muhammad’s soul is, if you were to drop a rope to the lowest earth it would not pass out of Allah’s knowledge.” He then recited, “He is the First and the Last, the Outward and the Inward, and He is omniscient.” (Tirmidhi commented that Allah’s Messenger’s recitation of the verse indicates that it would go down within Allah’s knowledge, power and authority, for Allah’s knowledge, power and authority are everywhere, while He is on the Throne, as He described Himself in His Book.)
Ahmad and Tirmidhi transmitted it.
THE UNIVERSE IS STATIC
- This is Islam’s universe in a nutshell. For the Earth to maintain 500 years distance between it and another Earth, and so on for a total of 7 Earths, they would have to have a STATIC relationship between one another. The same goes for the Heavens. However, planets DO NOT have a static relationship to one another, much less solar systems or galaxies. WE DO NOT LIVE IN A STATIC UNIVERSE. We are always in motion and the distance between us and other planets is always changing. If these Earths and Heavens are outside of our solar system, the variable distance between them will be even greater. If they are outside of our galaxy, they will be steadily INCREASING in distance away from one another, since all of the galaxies are spreading out as the universe expands. As an example of variation in distance, here is an illustration of what it would be like to fly a shuttle to Mars. The distance between Mars and Earth is always changing so you have to time it at just the right time:
THE DISTANCES AND NUMBER OF PLANETS ARE WRONG
- Another problem. Muhammad says that the next Earth is a JOURNEY OF 500 YEARS away. Muhammad sometimes speaks about distances like this to his followers, such as when describing the shade of the big tree in heaven and how many day’s ride it is in width. So the “journey” Muhammad is talking about here is by horseback. How far could you go on horseback if you rode steadily for 500 years? Horses can run in short bursts of 50 mph (see: http://www.ultimatehorsesite.com/info/horsespeedmph.htm). Let’s say Muhammad’s horse is running 60 mph just for good measure.60 mph X 24 hours = 1440 miles a day
1440 miles a day X 360 days (Islam uses a lunar calendar) = 518,400 miles per year
518,400 miles per year X 500 years = 259, 200, 000 miles
So according to Muhammad the next Earth is 259 million miles away from us. Let’s see where that would place the next Earth:
- To calculate the distance between Earth and other planets we use their mean distance from the Sun and subtract (see: http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=564). So here are the mean distances between Earth and:Mercury – 91.5 million km (57.645 million miles)
Venus – 42 million km (26.46 million miles)
Mars – 78 million km (49.14 million miles)
Jupiter – 630 million km (396.9 million miles)
Saturn – 1.281 billion km (807.03 million miles)
Uranus – 2.727 billion km (1.718 billion miles)
Neptune – 4.359 billion km (2.746 billion miles)
1 kilometer = 0.63 miles (rounded up for good measure)
Muhammad said the next Earth is 259 million miles away from us, that would be about 3/5 OF THE WAY BETWEEN MARS AND JUPITER. There is NO PLANET THERE. The next Earth would then be 518 million miles away from us, about 1/3 OF THE WAY BETWEEN JUPITER AND SATURN. There is NO PLANET THERE. The next Earth would then be 777 million miles away from us, which is 30 MILLION MILES SHORT OF SATURN, and Saturn is certainly no Earth. The next Earth would then be 1.036 billion miles away from us, which is about 1/5 OF THE WAY BETWEEN SATURN AND URANUS. There is NO PLANET THERE. The next Earth would then be 1.295 billion miles away from us, which is about 1/2 OF THE WAY BETWEEN SATURN AND URANUS. There is NO PLANET THERE. The last Earth would then be 1.554 billion miles away from us, which is about 4/5 OF THE WAY BETWEEN SATURN AND URANUS. There is NO PLANET THERE.
- If Muhammad’s 7 Earths means 7 identical planets to ours, they DO NOT EXIST at the distances he stated. If “7 Earths” just means 7 planets, he’s made a few errors. (1) There are 8 planets in total not 7. (2) They are NOT at static, equal distances from one another. (3) ONLY ONE OF THE SEVEN distances he described is even close to a planet, THE REST ARE COMPLETELY NON-EXISTENT.
- Muhammad imagined the 7 Earths to be in one direction and the 7 Heavens to be in the other direction in his static universe. However, since Earth travels on an orbit up or down does not apply to it’s relation with other planets or (supposed) Heavens.
THE 7 HEAVENS ARE NOT WHERE MUHAMMAD DESCRIBED
- The 7 Heavens are the same distance away from the Earth but going in another direction. Since planets are not static meaning up and down doesn’t apply, that means the Heavens would be at THE SAME circumference as the 7 planets and THERE IS NOTHING THERE. Unless all the trees, jinn, angels, people, rivers, virgins, mansions, and so forth are COMPLETELY INVISIBLE, FLOATING BETWEEN THE PLANETS OF OUR SYSTEM SOMEWHERE.
THE THRONE OF ALLAH SHOULD BE WHERE URANUS IS (LOL)
- After the last Earth there is supposed to be the THRONE OF ALLAH. The last Earth is still quite a distance short of Uranus, just beyond the last Earth would have been Uranus in other words. So coincidentally, and comically, the THRONE OF ALLAH SHOULD BE URANUS, or is that spelled YOUR ANUS. THE THRONE OF ALLAH IS YOUR ANUS??? (joke, lol). Now I think the absurdity of this entire thing has come full circle.
If there is a God who wants to communicate to us, they why doesn’t He JUST DO IT??? Muslims and other religions claim that God goes through all these shenanigans to get a message to people, and entire circus of events with no witnesses, no verifiability, just claims and assertions. There are over 10,000 religions on Earth – did God get his message across? The largest religions have horribly abused people for centuries and they themselves are divided into bitter sectarian rivalry. If there was a God trying to speak to you, He’d make it CRYSTAL CLEAR as with Billy in the video.
The point is anyone can make-up a story about privately talking to God or a spirit or a demon, and so on. The fact that they only speak to YOU is telling – the whole thing is made up.
Raja Khan died a martyr in my opinion. He died “struggling” (jihad means ‘to struggle’) against a life of poverty and misery in a world that can be quite dysfunctional and under the watch of Allah (God), as some claim, who doesn’t seem to care much about the real problems of the world. He didn’t kill anyone else because they thought differently than he did, he didn’t commit any crimes, he traveled to parliament and made the ultimate plea for help. In Tunisia a similar plea was heard by the entire Arab world, resulting in the Arab spring.
Many Muslims would call Raja stupid and laugh at his suicide. Islam says that someone who commits suicide will do so over and over again in the hellfire. That is probably the dumbest belief I’ve ever heard. A person who has committed suicide has reached the limit of suffering,they are completely mentally exhausted and hopeless, yet “Allah” wants to punish them EVEN MORE, and worse, FOREVER???
The thinking here is that Allah is so hateful of anyone who doesn’t buy into the superstition of hoping in Him even though He doesn’t do anything for anyone, that He will severely punish anyone who succumbs to such despair. This isn’t wanting good for humanity, this isn’t loving humankind more than a mother birds loves her chicks (as stated in a hadith), such a punishment is the act of an egotistical tyrant. You’d expect this from a Saddam Hussein or a Gaddafi, not from a God who is supposed to love you MORE THAN YOUR OWN MOTHER.
ISLAMABAD — An unemployed Pakistani father of two committed suicide by setting himself alight outside parliament on Monday, a hospital official said.
Raja Khan, from the rural town of Naushero Feroz in southern Sindh province, doused fuel over his body before setting himself alight, police spokesman Naeem Iqbal told AFP, adding he was rushed to hospital in a serious condition.
Doctor Farrukh Kamal at the burns unit of the Pakistani Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) said Khan, who was in a critical condition in intensive care, died some five hours after the incident.
“He had 90 percent burns. Doctors tried their best but they could not save his life,” Kamal told AFP.
Khan, 23, left behind a letter, saying that he was exhausted by poverty, said another police officer who spoke to AFP from the local station on condition of anonymity.
“I am responsible for my death. I am taking this step because I am fed up with my financial condition,” said the officer, quoting from the letter.
“If I die I should be buried in Islamabad. I have two children. The government should take care of them.”
Police said the man appeared suddenly on the road in front of parliament. When he was stopped he said “I want to die” and doused himself with kerosene from a bottle, said the police official, requesting anonymity.
There has been a wave of self-immolations around the world in the past year since the death in Tunisia of Mohamed Bouazizi, a 26-year-old fruit seller, whose protest grew into a popular uprising that sparked the “Arab Spring”.
In southwest China, nine Tibetans have set fire to themselves over recent months in protest at what they say is Beijing’s repression of their religion and culture.
‘How to Beat Your Wife’ by Shaykh Khalid Yasin
Conditions on Beating are Pure Rhetoric.
He explains the verse on beating your wife. He gives all sorts of conditions regarding the beating, it can’t cause swelling, break the skin, etc. NONE of these conditions were stipulated by Muhammad about beating. Muhammad only suggested, not required, that men use a twig (a miswak) to hit their wives. Muhammad only suggested this, he DID NOT forbid hitting wives with an open hand, a fist, kicking, or ANY conditions whatsoever. Muslim clerics have come up with these conditions on their own and they are not binding opinions in Islam. Rather they represent a sort of game playing clerics do to lessen the harmfulness of Islamic teachings – and that is the truth. And the truth is the Sahabah beat the hell out of their wives after this verse was “revealed” and the wives complained about it but Muhammad did not forbid anything. All he did was suggest that “those who are beating their wives are not the best amongst you”. And there are numerous occasions when a woman was beaten and nothing of the sort that Khalid is talking about was forbidden by Muhammad. See my section on Wife Beating.
Khalid Use Your Head, if Beating is to be Sooo Light, Why Do it At All??? And Do You Realize that ANY KIND of Beating is a Transgression???
At minute 1:35 Khalid asks “what kinda beating is that?” after mentioning some of the things he claims you cannot do. Well, exactly Khalid why would there be a teaching on beating your wife if you can’t actually beat your wife? How about ditching the entire idea altogether because it is absolutely ridiculous? Beat your rebellious wife with a toothbrush as the last resort after talking and separating beds doesn’t work??? You know what, even a toothbrush is a certain kind of transgression. This is you wife not your child. The guy is really making an ass of himself.
By the way, a miswak, a twig, can be quite painful. There is a WEAPON called a Koppo Stick or a Kubatan, it is the SIZE OF A TWIG, and it is used to inflict PAIN on would be assailants or on prisoners as it is CARRIED BY CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS.
Khalid Tells an Absolute Lie!
At minute 5:03 Khalid says that in the time of the Prophet ZERO Muslim women ever came to him complaining about being beaten by their husbands. This is a complete lie! There are numerous ahadith showing beaten women complaining to Muhammad about their husbands. This just goes to show that this entire speech is about DAMAGE CONTROL. That is what Muslims spend half their time doing – spinning Islam so as to cover it’s abuses and irrationalities. See my section on Wife Beating.
Khalid Undermines Polygyny in Islam By Trying to Make Muslimahs Feel Better
At minute 7:03 Khalid says that “only 1 out of every 715 Muslim men will take another wife. Doesn’t that feel good for the other 714 Muslim sisters?” Is this guy unaware of the fact that he is implying that there is something wrong with polygyny – that only 1 in every 715 Muslim women sisters have to put up with polygyny??? Is he dumb? Muslim men are ALWAYS trying to make Muslimahs feel better about polygyny. Muslimahs HATE IT, and Muslim men DREAM about all the sex. The only reason Muslimahs put up with it is because their cult teaches them that they must. They know, I know, and we all know that polygyny is akin to adultery – akin cheating on your wife.
An excellent reference on slavery in Islam from the BBC. A few important points have been highlighted in red. Note that:
- Because Islam is immutable, slavery will always be permissible under Sharia. It does not matter how modern the world becomes, Muslims under ‘Islam proper’ will always be allowed to create the conditions that could usher in slavery, namely war (jihad).
- Slavery was common in Muhammad’s time. Abolishing it would have required a profound change in the social/political philosophy of society, it would have otherwise been impossible. Slavery had been around for 1000s of years in the Abrahamic tradition, under scores of ‘Prophets of Allah’ – yet Allah never abolished slavery over those 1000s of years. The Quran is supposed to be the final message from Allah and it too has failed to abolish slavery. Apparently, Allah ‘can do anything’ except come up with profound changes in the social/political philosophy of society. It was the “kuffar” (the disbelievers) who had to bring such changes to the social/political philosophy of society. It is now the “kuffar” who are the champions of abolishing slavery, while Islam and the Quran – Allah’s last word – is to forever say that slavery is acceptable.
- Some Muslims will simply continue to falsely claim that Islam abolished slavery. Other, more honest, Muslims will concede that Islam allows slavery and actually defend this position as a positive thing for people and society!
- There is an idea here that since a ‘proper Jihad according to the strict letter of the law’ is nearly impossible to be called for, slavery is unexpected to pop up again in the Muslim world. The problem with this is that it assumes that Muslims function exactly by the strict letter of the law and it assumes that Muslims accept the modern order. Every believing Muslim is prepared to scrap the modern order at will and replace it with proper Islamic order. Islam has never been applied to the exact perfection of every law that could be extracted from it, it has always been applied imperfectly. Since at the root of the matter slavery is permissible it would then be an available tool for any Muslim society who wants to use it, whether that conflicts with every conceivable roadblock you could extract from Islam to stop it or not. It’s permissibility rules over all such arguments, and by the way slavery is still in use today by Muslims, for example in Mauritania. The last assumption being made here is that all the laws that can be extracted from Islamic texts are coherent. They certainly are not. Islamic tradition has been subject to 100s of years of Muslims pulling out different maxims and precepts which could take Islam is varying directions. What overrules all such games is the simple question – did the Prophet allow this or not? If he did, as in the case of slavery, it is set in stone. If there is no direct reference to the issue then there is more room for ‘play’. Slavery is an issue that at it’s root is NOT open to ‘play’.
- Even if you convert to Islam you are not guaranteed freedom from slavery. Neither are your children.
- Female slaves cannot be forced into prostitution in Islam, but they MUST have sex with their slave masters. Well at least you’re only be RAPED by one guy – until he sells you to someone else that is.
- The children of female slaves cannot be taken away from their mothers and sold – until they’re 7 years old. This happened quite a bit in Islamic history, entire armies (like the Janissaries) were built using slave children who were taken away from their parents and brainwashed with Islam, never to be seen by their parents again.
- Since a slave is like property, killing your slave does not get you the death penalty in Islamic law.
- The Prophet Muhammad owned slaves. He didn’t even set a good example for his followers. He could have easily went without slaves, he had no businesses, and he had an entire legion of devout followers to assist him in anything he wanted done.
- The ‘Western’ slave trade lasted 400 years. The ‘Eastern’ slave trade which was primarily Muslim operated, lasted 1100-1300 years. The Western slave trade enslaved most males, the Muslim slave trade enslaved mostly females. The Muslim slave trade allowed enslaving women solely for sex, whereas the Western slave trade was economically based.
- Ironically, the Mamluks became a major power in Egypt for over 250 years due to RESISTING against their Muslim slave owners.
- For 300 years the Ottomans required non-Muslims they conquered to hand over their children to be converted to Islam and used as slaves (often in a far away lands). Conquered Christian communities, especially in the Balkans, were forced to give up 20% of their male children.
- Up until the 20th century the Ottomans also kept Eunuchs, male slaves with their sexual organs removed – male slaves with their balls cut off basically. However, there is no precedent for this in traditional Islam so it is debatable as to whether Islam actually allows this or not.
- Muslim states practiced slavery for 1200 years (and it is still allowed in Islam). However, a heretical sect called the Druze abolished slavery in 1100 – 900 YEARS AGO. If the Druze could do it, certainly “Allah” could have done it.
- Muslim Rationalists cleverly applied pressure from within the Muslim community to help end slavery.
- Because of both internal and external pressures, slavery has for the most part been stopped in the Muslim world. It is too bad that it took what Islam calls “hypocrites” and “kuffar” to exact this victory over the abuse of other human beings. Allah couldn’t have done this from the beginning and spared the lives, rape, possessions, and families of millions of people???
Slavery in Islam
Slavery was common in pre-Islamic times and continued under Islam ©
Slaves were owned in all Islamic societies, both sedentary and nomadic, ranging from Arabia in the centre to North Africa in the west and to what is now Pakistan and Indonesia in the east. Some Islamic states, such as the Ottoman Empire, the Crimean Khanate, and the Sokoto caliphate [Nigeria], must be termed slave societies because slaves there were very important numerically as well as a focus of the polities’ energies.
Encyclopaedia Britannica – Slavery
Many societies throughout history have practised slavery, and Muslim societies were no exception.
It’s thought that as many people were enslaved in the Eastern slave trade as in the Atlantic slave trade.
It’s ironic that when the Atlantic slave trade was abolished the Eastern trade expanded, suggesting that for some Africans the abolition of the Atlantic trade didn’t lead to freedom, but merely changed their slave destination.
It’s misleading to use phrases such as ‘Islamic slavery’ and ‘Muslim slave trade’, even though slavery existed in many Muslim cultures at various times, since the Atlantic slave trade is not called the Christian slave trade, even though most of those responsible for it were Christians.
Slavery before Islam
Slavery was common in pre-Islamic times and accepted by many ancient legal systems and it continued under Islam.
Although Islam is much credited for moderating the age-old institution of slavery, which was also accepted and endorsed by the other monotheistic religions, Christianity and Judaism, and was a well-established custom of the pre-Islamic world, it has never preached the abolition of slavery as a doctrine.
Forough Jahanbaksh, Islam, Democracy and Religious Modernism in Iran, 1953-2000, 2001
The condition of slaves, like that of women, may well have improved with the coming of Islam, but the institution was not abolished, any more than it was under Christianity at this period.
Malise Ruthven, Islam in the World, 2000
Religious communities can be quite slippery, discussing their ideas and history is akin to discussing the ideas and history of a politician running for office. Like politicians, Muslims want to say everything you want to hear so they can ‘win your vote’, or that is, win your conversion. Like politicians, this includes the fine art of falsifying past positions and current commitments. That means they’ll lie about what happened in the past and what Islam commits them to now and in the future because they know certain positions are almost certain to lose your vote. Some of the common issues Muslims prefer to deny:
That Islam Teaches Sex Slavery
That Islam Teaches Conquest of Non-Muslims
That Multiple Women May be Married by a Muslim Man Without the First Wife’s Consent
That a Muslim Man May Hit His Wife with A lot More than a Miswak
That Slavery Can Never Be Abolished in Islam
… and so on. I will continue adding to this list as a reference. Please see the linked articles in each category for further information.
Abdu’l-Rahman ibn Abu Bakr was son of Abu Bakr, the first caliph.
Unlike the rest of his family, including his father Abu Bakr, and sister Aisha, he was late to convert to Islam, doing so on the Conquest of Mecca.
Abdu’l-Rahman opposed Muawiya I’s appointment of his son Yazid as successor to the caliphate. When Marwan ibn al-Hakam announced this news to the people of Medina, he tried to give it legitimacy by saying that it is the way/custom (Sunnah) of Abu Bakr and Umar. Abdu’l-Rahman objected to this reasoning, saying it is the customs of the Byzantines and the Persians, not the custom of Abu Bakr not Umar, and that neither Abu Bakr nor Umar have appointed their own progeny as their successors. Marwan tried to malign Abdu’l-Rahman by quoting Quran 46:17 and falsely claiming that this was revealed against Abdu’l-Rahman himself. Marwan tried to capture Abdu’l-Rahman, but the latter fled to the safety of the house of his sister Aisha.
Some sources claim that Muawiya ordered Abdu’l-Rahman to be poisoned for opposing Yazid’s succession.
This Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement was formerly the USC-MSA Islamic Database. In 2008 they changed the website, so that search works a bit differently. Then after a few years they changed it so you CANT SEARCH AT ALL. In addition they have DELETED many problematic ahadith that I myself have had links to for years. It isn’t simply that you cannot link directly to a hadith anymore, when you get to the precise chapter of the hadith collection and look it up by number IT IS GONE! Luckily I have some of the actual ahadith (they also erased Maududi’s introductions to surahs). I will post some examples here so you can see what I mean. I’ll give you the hadith with it’s book and number and then the corresponding link on the USC site and you will see that number is skipped over – the entire hadith was erased.
Why are they doing this?
There is nothing complex about the ahadith they are erasing. Hadith are very straight forward and easy to read. Muslims will often say they need to hide many ahadith so people don’t get the “wrong idea”. What wrong idea? You mean so people don’t discover all the irrational myths touted and immoral acts committed by Muhammad and his followers? That is exactly what this is about.
To fully understand this you will have had to have experienced the Muslim mentality. Muslims have a certain threshold for accepting nonsense from Islam as plausible. Once they come across something that strikes them as just too absurd (more absurd than the stuff they usually accept) they figure out a way to dismiss it in their minds, even though it may be a sahih hadith or in the Quran, and they avoid the issue as much as possible. The most devout of Muslims will confess to all of these issues and simply endorse it as truth no matter how absurd, though it may tug at their heart just a little. No matter the extent to which it bothers a Muslim, all of them will usually attempt to hide these things from anyone who isn’t a devout believer (converts, born Muslims learning Islam, non-Muslims). So their method of approach is to hide all this stuff and try to make Islam appear alluring and correct with aspects of Islam they feel are more presentable. Once you are “hooked” sort of speak, and absolutely committed to Islam, they loosen up a little will let you in on some of the stuff they’d usually prefer remain hidden. At this point they’ll usually watch you to see if you freak out and turn on Islam. If you don’t, you basically become a “true believer” in their mind. Something that every Muslim knows but doesn’t quite realize they know is that a “true believer” in Islam is the one who is willing to accept ANY MAGNITUDE OF ABSURDITY FROM ISLAM, call it the truth, and act on it the next day.
Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 490: Narrated ‘Aisha: Magic was worked on the Prophet so that he began to fancy that he was doing a thing which he was not actually doing. One day he invoked (Allah) for a long period and then said, “I feel that Allah has inspired me as how to cure myself. Two persons came to me (in my dream) and sat, one by my head and the other by my feet. One of them asked the other, “What is the ailment of this man?” The other replied, ‘He has been bewitched” The first asked, ‘Who has bewitched him?’ The other replied, ‘Lubaid bin Al-A’sam.’ The first one asked, ‘What material has he used?’ The other replied, ‘A comb, the hair gathered on it, and the outer skin of the pollen of the male date-palm.’ The first asked, ‘Where is that?’ The other replied, ‘It is in the well of Dharwan.’ ” So, the Prophet went out towards the well and then returned and said to me on his return, “Its date-palms (the date-palms near the well) are like the heads of the devils.” I asked, “Did you take out those things with which the magic was worked?” He said, “No, for I have been cured by Allah and I am afraid that this action may spread evil amongst the people.” Later on the well was filled up with earth.
- Muhammad prayed for a long time and then afterward FELT like Allah was inspiring him. This is EXACTLY HOW “ALLAH” ALWAYS COMMUNICATED WITH MUHAMMAD - IT WAS MUHAMMAD’S FEELINGS. He had feelings and interpreted them to be “Allah”! This is what people always do when claiming to have experienced God, you can see all sorts of religious people claiming to have talked to God through this manner in society today.